Hi,

Some dpm-xrootd sites have reported crashes of their redirector xrootd 3.3.3 daemon (seen once at one SL5 site, and frequently at one SL6 site). (core dumps available, generally they are crashes in XrdScheduler methods because of corrupt XrdJob objects).

I've done some investigation, initially to check if the dpm/dmlite components were at fault. In this case I think there is a problem in XrdXrootdMonitor::Redirect. This copy:

[XrdXrootdMonitor.cc:788]
strcpy(dest, hName); dest += hLen; *dest++ = ':';

can overwrite past the end of the space allocated for the MonRdrBuff, e.g. if hName is somewhat more than 256 characters longer than Path and the starting point for the entry is close enough to the end of the buffer. I think this condition is now avoided in the master branch, after ipv6 related changes. Would it be cover this situation in 3.3.x ?

Thanks,
David