Thanks for testing this out.

The steering files and the lcsim files related to the monitoring are not in a great state.  They became out of date with changes to both
the monitoring app itself and updates to hps java.  The one that I know works well is SVTEventDisplay.lcsim which is what I used
for sample plots.  We should work on something similar for the ECAL.

I will take a look at EcalMonitoring.lcsim to see exactly what is happening with it and what needs to be updated in order for it
to work properly.

—Jeremy