Hello Bill,

Currently the "scons" install procedure only support a complete re-install.
So you have to run :

$ qserv-stop
$ scons uninstall

before each re-install of Qserv, if you want to be sure it always works.

During development process, if you want to re-build only Qserv you can
run next commands :

$ qserv-stop
# check previous command has done its job,
$ /u1/bchick/sandbox2/qserv-master5/tmp/install/qserv-master.sh

which will clean and re-install Qserv core (master/worker and common/) only.

All this workarounds aren't documented and would require a lot of
manpower in order to be all identified and solved.
I don't think it is worth doing it now as the install procedure is
currently moving to eups, indeed :
- eups will solve most of these problems (but may add new ones ;-), so
thanks for your usefull debugging)
- all this kind of fixes added to "scons" install procedure might be
deprecated by the new eups-based install procedure,

Have a nice day,

Fabrice