Hi Jacek,

As far as I understand there is no unsolved issues with the standard
(non qserv) procedure, it is just awfully (and at the limit of the
usability) long. The idea here was to try qserv partitioning to see if
it is improving the performances for the ingestion step as well as for
the user access.
There are no issues with the Data Challenge, as IN2P3 already fulfilled
its commitment with LSST, the goal is to explore this partitioning
functionality on a single MySQL node.

Dominique

--
Dominique Boutigny  -  CNRS / CC-IN2P3
Now at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory

Mail     : [log in to unmask] -  [log in to unmask]
Office   : +1 650-926-5759   -  Cellular : +1 774-232-0912