Follow-up on https://savannah.cern.ch/bugs/?88357

We are using logrotate with the "copytruncate" option, but have seen that copying over several GiB of logs can cause xrootd (the EOS namespace in our case) to become sluggish (apparently ongoing logging will get slowed down by the concurrent disk activity, we get a warning if a "stat /" takes longer than 10sec).
Could you see whether a SIGHUP handler can be installed that closes and re-opens logfiles? This would allow external logfile rotation via "mv", i.e. without actual data to be copied. SIGHUP is just a suggestion, of course.