It was not implemented because the only thing it did was to do a stat and see if an offline flag was not set. I think it's redundant and we would need to add a lot of commands like this for completeness sake. Do you really think it's needed/useful?

]==> xrdfs castorpublic stat /castor/cern.ch/user/l/ljanyst/user.RichardHawkings.0108173.topmix_Egamma.AOD.v2._00039.pool.root
Id:    2418223087666331648
Size:  791773689
Flags: 117 (XBitSet|Other|POSCPending|IsReadable|IsWritable)

BTW. Castor seems to be setting a POSCPending flag for a file that is offline...