Actually looking more closely at it, there is a small trick done in the code by using unions. Part of the union is used to write data to it and then later on the other part of the union is used to retrieve the previously written value by reinterpreting the memory. The problem was in the Castor XRootD plugin which was not setting also the inode to 0 such that the Dev.uuid would be 0.

I fixed this and now you should also get the offline flag in the list of flags. After some reading on the topic, it seems that doing such a trick can sometimes lead to undefined behaviour ... just saying. In my case at least, it works as expected.

Cheers,
Elvin