Hi All,

I am a student at the University of New Hampshire, attempting to continue work on the true muonium section of the HPS experiment. I am looking to run true muonium data through the simulation software and then analyze the reconstructed tracks. I have successfully used the software in the past, but am currently running into an error with readout simulation that I have never encountered.

I am using hps-distribution-3.0.0-bin.jar, which I believe is the latest stable release, with detector HPS-Proposal2014-v5-6pt6 and a true muonium data file that was created by assuming the same decay properties as the heavy photon, except with a mass of 211 MeV. Below is the command that I am using to run readout simulation and the error I receive. Is this error familiar to anyone? Thank you for any help.

Regards,
Chad Civello

[ccivello@taro Out_files]$ java -jar hps-distribution.jar -r /org/lcsim/hps/steering/readout/HPS2014ReadoutNoPileup.lcsim -i TM_6786MeV_Fall2013_HPS-Proposal2014-v5-6pt6.slcio -DoutputFile=TM_6786MeV_Fall2013_HPS-Proposal2014-v5-6pt6_readout
--- Drivers ---
org.lcsim.job.EventMarkerDriver
    eventInterval = 1000
org.lcsim.hps.conditions.CalibrationDriver
org.lcsim.hps.recon.ecal.EcalEdepToTriggerConverterDriver
    readoutCollection = EcalReadoutAnalogHits
    applyBadCrystalMap = false
    truncateScale = 1
    constantGain = 0.15
org.lcsim.hps.recon.ecal.EcalRawConverterDriver
    runBackwards = true
    rawCollectionName = EcalReadoutHits
    ecalCollectionName = EcalReadoutAnalogHits
org.lcsim.hps.recon.ecal.CTPEcalClusterer
    ecalName = Ecal
    ecalCollectionName = EcalReadoutAnalogHits
    clusterCollectionName = EcalTriggerClusters
org.lcsim.hps.readout.ecal.FADCTriggerDriver
    clusterCollectionName = EcalTriggerClusters
    outputFileName = TM_6786MeV_Fall2013_HPS-Proposal2014-v5-6pt6_readout.triggers
    deadTime = 0
    lcioFile = TM_6786MeV_Fall2013_HPS-Proposal2014-v5-6pt6_readout.slcio
org.lcsim.hps.recon.tracking.SimpleSvtReadout
    noPileup = true
org.lcsim.hps.util.ClockDriver
org.lcsim.recon.tracking.digitization.sisim.config.ReadoutCleanupDriver
--- End Drivers ---
No input files in XML file.
Got ConditionsEvent with run: 0
Reading calibrations calibSVT/base for run: 0
Use this calibration from run -1: calibSVT/default.base
Reading calibrations calibSVT/tp for run: 0
Use this calibration from run -1: calibSVT/default.tp
File daqmap/svt0.badchannels was not found! Continuing with only QA bad channels
reading ECal DAQ map
reading ECal bad channels
reading pedestals for ECal
reading pedestals for ECal
FADCTriggerDriver: Setting trigger for 6.6 GeV beam
>> Event 0
java.lang.RuntimeException: Distance is outside of sensor by more than 0.001. Distance = -0.24857335945534142. If this is an isolated event, then perhaps DISTANCE_ERROR_THRESHOLD must be increased in CDFSiSensorSim
        at org.lcsim.recon.tracking.digitization.sisim.CDFSiSensorSim.diffusionDistribution(CDFSiSensorSim.java:478)
        at org.lcsim.recon.tracking.digitization.sisim.CDFSiSensorSim.depositChargeOnSense(CDFSiSensorSim.java:241)
        at org.lcsim.recon.tracking.digitization.sisim.CDFSiSensorSim.computeElectrodeData(CDFSiSensorSim.java:110)
        at org.lcsim.hps.recon.tracking.SimpleSvtReadout.doSiSimulation(SimpleSvtReadout.java:198)
        at org.lcsim.hps.recon.tracking.SimpleSvtReadout.process(SimpleSvtReadout.java:116)
        at org.lcsim.util.Driver.doProcess(Driver.java:273)
        at org.lcsim.util.Driver.processChildren(Driver.java:284)
        at org.lcsim.util.Driver.process(Driver.java:198)
        at org.lcsim.util.DriverAdapter.recordSupplied(DriverAdapter.java:74)
        at org.freehep.record.loop.DefaultRecordLoop.consumeRecord(DefaultRecordLoop.java:832)
        at org.freehep.record.loop.DefaultRecordLoop.loop(DefaultRecordLoop.java:668)
        at org.freehep.record.loop.DefaultRecordLoop.execute(DefaultRecordLoop.java:566)
        at org.lcsim.util.loop.LCSimLoop.loop(LCSimLoop.java:153)
        at org.lcsim.job.JobControlManager.run(JobControlManager.java:392)
        at org.lcsim.job.JobControlManager.main(JobControlManager.java:168)