From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of McCormick, Jeremy I.
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2014 2:49 PM
To: hps-software
Subject: software wiki reorganization

Hi,

Okay, well I didn't get any objections, so I reorganized the HPS "Computing and Software" pages a bit.

In Simulation and Reconstruction Software, the top-level links are now:

Detector Description
Software Installation
Software tutorials
Software Requirements and Schedule
Old Software Pages

These areas should be self-descriptive.

Anything that seemed out-of-date but still possibly useful I put under "Old Software Pages" instead of deleting it.

I didn't rename too many pages but there were a few that I did change for clarity.  Old links should still redirect to the new pages.

I think the page "JLab computing resources accessible to HPS" mostly has sub-pages that should go into the tutorials section, as it is primarily documentation about how to perform various tasks at that site.  But I left it alone for now until I get some feedback on it.

I archived the entire "Data Definitions" page and its children into "Old Software Pages" for now because the information either seemed irrelevant (e.g. conditions information for non-HPS experiments) or it was out of date.

BTW, I do realize that mentioning "Software" in each page is a bit redundant, but the way Confluence works these names have to be unique across the entire HPS space.  So I called a page "Software Tutorials" instead of just "Tutorials" etc.

Let me know what you think.

--Jeremy