Hi Roger,

I don't believe that the new XRootD client (upon which pyxrootd is based) currently supports asynchronous copy jobs (@ljanyst please correct me if I'm wrong?) hence why pyxrootd doesn't support it either and will block with both FileSystem.copy() and CopyProcess.

I know threading in Python is a bit of a nightmare, but (tentative suggestion) you could try FileSystem.copy() in a separate "thread"?

Cheers,
Justin