@abh3
In the filecache code I used flock() to lock cache info file in case someone else outside of xrootd application wants to read it: https://github.com/alja/xrootd/blob/filecache-3/src/XrdFileCache/XrdFileCacheInfo.cc#L104

Solaris build now fails because flock is not portable. I made a wrapper which fixes the problem https://github.com/alja/xrootd/compare/portable_flock.
Before I send new pull request, I would like to be sure that this use case is not already covered in xrootd. Maybe it exist for example if two xrootd servers are running on same machine. Just double checking.

Thanks,
Alja