From: Justin Lewis Salmon [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 03 February 2014 22:07
To: xrootd/xrootd-python
Cc: Downing, Roger (STFC,DL,SC)
Subject: Re: [xrootd-python] Avoiding the GIL (#8)

Hi Roger,

I don't believe that the new XRootD client (upon which pyxrootd is based) currently supports asynchronous copy jobs (@ljanyst<https://github.com/ljanyst> please correct me if I'm wrong?) hence why pyxrootd doesn't support it either and will block with both FileSystem.copy() and CopyProcess.

I know threading in Python is a bit of a nightmare, but (tentative suggestion) you could try FileSystem.copy() in a separate "thread"?

Cheers,
Justin

—
--