HPS-Proposal2014-v6 detectors are being used for the mock data challenge,
and as such there will be no more changes to these detector geometries
(i.e. think of this as a "release").

You should use v6 detectors for any large-scale data production because
they're not going to change, and because there are some minor changes that
mostly eliminate SLIC warnings and crashes that you may have seen in v5.

At the same time, HPS-Proposal2014-v7 detectors are now available. These
will still be changed as we make improvements, and every time something
changes all of your old LCIO files will be invalidated. Every such change
will be announced on this list.

The specific change in the v7 detectors from v6 is the addition of a
scoring plane (zero density, saves momentum of every particle as it
crosses the plane) between the ECal flange and the ECal crystals. There is
also already (since v5) a scoring plane at either end of the magnetic
field.

Anyone using these scoring planes will need to rebuild SLIC (or use the
installed version at JLab) and do some work to associate ECal hits with
scoring plane hits. I've written a basic example which you can run on SLIC
output using the v7 detector, like so:

java -jar hps-distribution-bin.jar
-r /org/lcsim/hps/steering/users/meeg/ECalScoring.lcsim -DoutputFile=plots
-i input.slcio

Details on the current recommended detector geometries are listed on this
Confluence page, which I try to keep up to date:

https://confluence.slac.stanford.edu/display/hpsg/Detector+Geometry+Overview