I would like to do a major restructuring of the code in the HPS SVN.  I did this when importing lcsim from CVS, and I am happy with the results.  A lot of code in HPS I left alone and imported as is, but I would like to, for instance, clean up and normalize some of the package names (which requires moving files around).  I think there is some “dead code” that I would also like to move out to the sandbox, amongst other cleanup tasks.  The “hps-java” module itself I would actually like to break apart into several different modules like tracking, etc.

Could I please get some feedback on this in terms of when is a good time to do it?  I might do some hours of weekend work just to make sure I’m not clobbering files or modules that people are actively developing.

Also, perhaps reply with a general time frame on when you could commit local changes so that I can do this.

The main issue here is that if I move a file that you are working on locally with uncommitted changes, when you go to commit it, the SVN will tell you it doesn’t exist anymore.  So I want to avoid this.

Also, I know there are a lot of lcsim steering files currently in the SVN.  Are all of them current?  Can some be deleted or sandboxed?  These will need to be updated if Driver classes are moved, so I wanted to establish a reasonable current working set of them before making the code changes.

Or if you think this is all a horrible idea and that things are perfectly fine as is, please tell me.

Thanks.

—Jeremy