Dear All,

These meeting notes were posted on Confluence: https://confluence.slac.stanford.edu/display/hpsg/2014.03.20+--+Software+Meeting

Best,
Maurik

Agenda:

  1. Farm usage and Qweak request  – All
  2. ECAL geometry update                -- Holly
  3. ECAL clustering code update       -- Kyle/Holly
  4. Alignment                                     – Pelle
  5. Brief discussion: Documentation  -- All
  6. Project updates?                           -- All
  7. Questions?                                    -- All

Notes:

CPU use for the MDC: we expect that we need at least 400 cores continuously until May to finish the simulation and reconstruction. Maurik send an email to Harout Avakian to inform him of this.

Disk Space - Stepan brought up that we need to formally ask for disk space. Sho stated that 30 TB of cache disk space should be good. We don't need that much work disk space. Maurik send an email to Harout to ask for 30 TB of cache disk and 3 to 5 TB of work disk.

ECAL Geometry Update - Holly showed the updates for the ECAL geometry. She implemented the crystal support structure and some of the copper cooling pipes. She will implement a few additional pipes and some of the copper cooling plates. This will then be put into GDML for inclusion in the SLIC geometries.

Clustering Algorithm - Holly and Kyle have updated the clustering algorithm EcalClusterIC. See her slides. The algorithm is ready for use and we encourage people to try it out.

Alignment - Pelle showed very promising results form the Millipede2 alignment code. See his slides. More work will be done to improve the procedure. It would be useful to have the tracker geometry reorganized so that it more closely reflects the physical layout of the tracker. This would make the alignment procedure more straight forward.

HW Trigger code - Kyle has been working with Ben to update the simulation of the HW Trigger. He has updated the clustering to be closer to what the hardware does and is now looking at the trigger code, which has changed since the test run. He will give a more complete update later.

Documentation - There was no outcry for better documentation. Jeremy did urge all coders to DOCUMENT YOUR CODE! (emphasis added), and please do so in a way that the comments show up correctly in the JavaDocs. Please note that you may also document other people's code if you think this is needed.