A few things I noticed while porting code today:

1) There is a fork of trf in the tracking codebase that is referenced from users.  We should probably use the standard trf distribution unless there is some overriding need not to do this.  I am just going to leave it for now though.  (Matt, decide what you want to do with this, please.)

2) The ecal monitoring drivers that existed were forked for development by Mr. Celentan.  We should merge these at some point and replace the old ones that are in the monitoring.drivers.ecal package.  (This is not really a huge deal.)

3) The tracking package should be reorganized so that it is clear which classes are for the core reconstruction and which are more for debugging or analysis.  Any classes that are no longer used (and planned to never be used again) should be removed.  Non-essential classes for debug or personal analysis work should be moved to analysis or users.

4) The package org.hps.util which is now in the util module contains a pretty strange grab bag of different classes.  Some of these I moved into the ecal-readout-sim package, but mostly I left them.  In particular, we should create a package for event generation utilities of which there are several.  Perhaps this should be a new module or it could go into recon.  Other classes here should probably be moved to the analysis or recon module.

5) I noticed that many different Drivers are using AIDA "add ons" like AIDAFrame, etc.  I'm not sure this is so great.  We should have a talk about the best way to get the desired behavior from plotters that are showing during user jobs.  (Probably worth a discussion in a software meeting.)  For now, I just left it.

Just thought I'd bring these things up for discussion.

--Jeremy