An addendum to previous message...

If you did ‘mvn post-clean’ once then all subsequent ‘mvn install’ commands should work fine on that package.

So I think the best suggestion here is that instead of executing the ‘clean’ goal use ‘post-clean’ instead because that executes ‘clean’ also.

Long term though this isn’t the greatest solution because ‘post-clean’ is not the proper goal to find to here.  But all other solutions I have found online for the ‘lifecycle’ error have their own complications unfortunately.

—Jeremy