I went through all the steering files today to check their correctness.  I have fixed up some that were out of date.  (Mostly not broken due to anything I did lately.)

Others I did not know how to fix so I moved them to sandbox/broken in the SVN:

FakeHitTracking.lcsim
HitTimeStudies.lcsim
MPAlignment.lcsim
ReconParticleBuilder.lcsim

These seem to reference non-existant or inaccessible Drivers.  The ReconParticleBuilder one references a Driver which is an abstract class.  (Matt, you need to fix this.)

Once they are fixed and running okay, feel free to move them back into the steering-files module.

From the command line you can do something like this to move them back:

svn mv /path/to/sandbox/broken/steering.lcsim /path/to/steering/files/src/main/resources/org/hps/foo/
svn commit -m “fixed steering file” /path/to/sandbox/broken/steering.lcsim /path/to/steering/files/src/main/resources/org/hps/foo/

(Obviously you need to use the correct file and path arguments in that command for it to work.)

As of now all of the steering files in the steering-files module pass a successful dry run with the JobManager, which means that at least all the Drivers are found.

I did not however run them on any actual data, so for your own steering files you might want to spot check some of them.

—Jeremy