Hello,

I’m having an issue using the KpixFileReader class within a different project package (and context.)

I am writing a class that outputs KpixRecord(s) and similar objects in the binary data format that KpixReader expects, and I’m currently having difficulties with a unit test I wrote. My goal is to read a data  and pass the record to my new class, eventually writing to a temporary file that gets read in a final time to compare with the original. I need to use a KpixFileReader to read in the data, but there isn’t a way I know of to successfully create a KpixFileReader without a running instance of JAS3, with the KpixReaderPlugin initialized and registered in the application’s lookup. I was really hoping to be able to keep this test separate from all of that, so I tried writing a version of KpixFileReader without the dependency (used to read user preferences/calibration,) but this wasn’t particularly straightforward either, and seemed like an unnecessary repetition. As far as I can tell the only reason this doesn’t work currently is that KpixFileReader tries to access and update preferences from the KpixReaderPlugin, which is not initialized in this case.

I’m sure there’s a much easier way to do this, but I’m not positive which direction to go in at the moment. if anyone has an answer or suggestion I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you,

Kyle Travis