Jacek,

>  - sticky point: dependency on Eigen

	As dependencies go, it's pretty minimal.  (As long as they don't
start actually depending on cmake.)

>  - Serge has Eigen "emulator"

	Hmm.  Is this worth the maintenance and potential portability
issues?

>  - Eigen sufficient for what we want right now,
>    but if we want to get fancier with geometry,
>    Eigen will become less useful
>  - non elegant solution: if Eigen changes infrequently,
>    perhaps just copy the header file over to our repo?

	It's not just one header, is it?  This sounds really bad for a
number of reasons.

>  - decision: existing Eigen emulator probably covers what
>    is needed for Qserv, so continue with it for now, if
>    we discover more work is needed, reconsider and possibly
>    switch to using Eigen, in which case the dependency issue
>    wouldn't be a problem any more for Qserv. If we stick with
>    Eigen emulator, discuss w/Mario/Robert/Jim/KT

	I don't understand why there's an "If" in the last sentence
given the decision in the first sentence.

> Using jira
>  - will try doing weekly sprints, defined each week at our meeting

	You will need to set up a separate Qserv agile board, then, so
you can have your own sprints.

>  - integrating with stash - Daniel volunteers to help if it
>    makes sense (e.g. lack of appropriate privileges might
>    make it too-difficult-to-be-worth-doing by him)

	I think this can be arranged with Iain and Mario, but my
impression was that the main stumbling block was getting an actual
machine to use as the official platform.

>  - many "empty" emails generated by jira, probably due to
>    temporary misconfiguration

	I haven't noticed any problems, but then again I get text
E-mails.

--
Kian-Tat Lim, LSST Data Management, [log in to unmask]