Hi Daniel,

On Fri, 21 Mar 2014, Daniel L. Wang wrote:
> It sounds like we should spend a bit of time porting to the latest xrootd, as
> a preparation step.
I don't think anything that you rely on significantly changed. You do have
to recompile though.

>> Working examples on how to use the services can be found in
> I think you moved these to ~abh/xssi/test , because ~abh/xfix doesn't seem to
> have those files.
> Anyway, I did the basic cmake/make sequence and got an error:
Actually, I was completely wrong. Indeed, they are in /u/sf/abh/xssi/test
-- so a cut/paste error. Anyway, these will eventually move to the base
repo.

> [ 81%] Building CXX object
> src/CMakeFiles/XrdSsi.dir/XrdSsi/XrdSsiFileReq.cc.o
> /usr/local/home/danielw/xssi/xrootdNew/src/XrdSsi/XrdSsiFileReq.cc:525:
> error: ?dlen? may be used uninitialized in this function
> I think the compiler got confused, because it looks like dlen is either
> ignored or assigned-to in that function, but I'll hack an initializer in for
> now and let you deal with it.
OK, I will look into this. I didn't get an error but likely the flag was
turned off.

> I think I got this working on a SLAC machine, but I couldn't get it working
> at NCSA. Do you have an account on lsst-dbdev1.ncsa.illinois.edu? Would you
> try it there? I got:
>
> 140321 17:40:42 21911 XrdOpen: Unable to create socket for port 1094; address
> family not supported by protocol
Yes, that is a common error on many misconfigured machines. The problem is
that it looks like IPv6 is enabled when, in fact, it is not. We just
recently put in a fix to better detect this problem and revert to IPv4.
I'll update the xssi repo with the latest code base. In the mean time you
can get around it by specifying "-I v4" to run in IPv4 mode.

>> Please let me know of any problems.
> I haven't tried anything yet, other than get an environment setup, but I'll
> start playing with the code.
OK.

Andy