I was glad to see some work starting on updating the ECAL conditions system.

However, I wanted to make sure it is clear how this should happen.

These changes should not be made directly in the trunk but should be put in branches of the appropriate modules.

The primary reason this is the case is that right now, the conditions database is not setup at JLAB, and the batch nodes have no internet access.  So if you start mixing in calls to access database conditions in the trunk, the reconstruction will start failing at JLAB because the current database is hosted at SLAC and is not accessible.  This would be a problem given that the MDC is starting.

Do you want me to make these branches for you?  There would probably be two, which are ecal-recon and ecal-readout-sim.  You would check them out of the SVN and work with them like a normal HPS Java package.  It is just that the URL would be tags/[module]_[branchName] rather than the trunk copy.  Once the work was complete and the database is setup at JLAB we could then merge the work back in to the trunk.

If there is anything that isn't clear about this, please let me know.

In the meantime, I'm going to work on setting up a snapshot of the cond db at JLAB...

--Jeremy