somehow my earlier reply to this never made it to the list and not even to my sent box so I guess I screwed up somehow.

See below.

On Apr 16, 2014, at 7:20 AM, Alessandra Filippi <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I just want to drop a few notes for the benefit of those who are spending
> days to understand why the data reconstruction does not work as before,
> after a svn update of the hps_trunk.

Nothing affected reconstruction with this change; files were simply moved. What changed was the steering file which tells which reconstruction drivers that are to be run.

> For alignment purposes I need the txt gblinput file to pass on to python,
> which extracts the useful svt hits information for millepede. With the
> new code version this output file is no more written. First its name used
> to be hardcoded in the GBLOutputDriver.java class, now the variable is
> empty and it's no use to hardcode it in here, the new name is ignored
> anyhow - the right place one has to insert it, by hand, is the GBLReco.lcsim
> steering file.
> (please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm having a very hard time to learn
> about alignment procedures while the code changes under my feet).
>
> Another change is that a new file name has to be provided upon running the
> jar, -DoutputFile=something: this writes a something.slcio formatted file
> (does it contain the same information of the txt file? was it supposed
> to substitute the txt file? just wondering). Without this it does not work.

Note that this file is not an “official” one and the only ones using it is you and me. So I was responsible for changing it but some of the changes you mentioned above was done at least a couple of weeks ago so perhaps your version that you were working on was somehow old? Anyway, it’s fixed now.

> I know it's annoying for experienced programmers, but I'd beg to document
> properly changes of this kind, that change the functionality of the basic
> reconstruction program. I apologize if the information was passed, and I
> missed in the tons of messages of this list.

Things should be documented but this particular steering file is a developer tool for me and you so it’s hard to document things all the time and as we talk in our private mail chain things should be clear. Certainly all tube “official” reconstruction drivers are working afaik.

Hope this helps,
	Pelle