After checking in changes across lcsim and hps, I was finally able to get your steering file running okay in the monitoring app.  The old and new conditions systems appear to both be loading successfully now.

The steering file is located here:

trunk/steering-files/src/main/resources/org/hps/steering/monitoring/EcalMonitoringCelentan.lcsim

I made a minor change to it, so you will want to update.

First, go to 'trunk', do 'svn up', and then 'mvn clean install -DskipTests' to make sure everything is up to date.

Then this is the recipe to get it working:

1) Open 3 terminals and set LD_LIBRARY_PATH on all of them.

2) In terminal #1, 'cd trunk/et', and start ET ring with the './target/scripts/et_server_test.sh' command.

3) In terminal #2, start up the monitoring app, select the steering file resource under the Job Panel, and hit Connect.

4) In terminal #3, stream a file onto the ET ring by going to 'trunk/evio' and executing ''./target/scripts/et_evio_file_producer_test.sh hps_001351.evio.0' on some local data file.

In the monitoring app, there is a pretty long pause while everything is setup, and then I see the tremendous number of plots and the (quite nice) ECAL event display.

Can you confirm that this works for you?

(I will try not to touch anything right now while you work on it for awhile, though I am not sure all this configuration is in its final form.)

--Jeremy