FYI, I have made some big performance improvements to the JFreeChart plotting backend used in the monitoring application.  It should be much better now, and the steering file that runs all of the ECAL monitoring plots no longer causes the app to quickly run out of memory.  Today I was able to run over about 500k EVIO events from the test run without any issues.

I ran Java with a maximum heap space of 2 gig as follows:

java -Xmx2048m -jar ./target/hps-monitoring-app-3.0.2-SNAPSHOT-bin.jar

Technically, nothing much has changed in the monitoring app itself, but the plotting framework now uses classes based on the adapter pattern to get data from AIDA, instead of copying the histogram data into JFreeChart Datasets, which was my initial, extremely inefficient implementation.

As long as your copy of 'trunk/monitoring-app' is up to date then you should see this improvement.  The version of the jfreechart-aida-experimental plotting library should be listed as 1.2-SNAPSHOT so 'svn up' that module if it is an older release in the POM file.

--Jeremy