Hello Jacek and Daniel,

Daniel has a very good analysis of the new system. Here's some additional informations :

The install procedure completely support eups. And yes, you've got to customize it if you don't rely on eups (using custom.py should be enough).

Today, i've updated the documentation for the master branch (see README.txt), and packaged a Qserv master release on in2p3 distserver.
The README.txt procedure described in master branch now installs Qserv master release.

Then you have to read README-devel.txt if you want to enable your Qserv current version (i.e. the one in your git repos) in the eups stack. It's quite straightforward once you've merge the new build system (i.e. top-level SConstruct file)  and you've done it a first time.

Please let me know if it works, on my machine it was fine.

I propose you to work on this procedure during the hackaton :
- i could first show you this way of developing using eups and Qserv,
- with Mario, we could then define a better packaging and developing procedure relying on LSST standards tools for continuous integration

P.S. :

- Daniel, please note that i had to undo your commit n° 63c51c29abfee5bc5573cc23413f8867f3b9d490, to make the system work with eups.
- Please note that Ubuntu 12.04 isn't supported (due to a antlr version complicated to set up), but only 13.10 (whereas i haven't tested this very las packaging on it, dur to time constraints).
Note also that next Ubuntu LTS version (14.04), is coming by the end of april. I think this last one may be easier to support than 12.04.

See you soon,

Fabrice