ok, thanks to all... just one last question to make sure I understood.

If I set up
host xrootd.infn.it
1.1.1.1
2.2.2.2

(two or in general > 1 answers)

and then do

TFile::Open("root://xrootd.infn.it//store/foo.root")

did I get correctly that root (or CMS SW) will try to use either 1.1.1.1 or
2.2.2.2, and if that is down will try with the other one automatically?

thanks a lot!

tom

--
Tommaso Boccali