I think you would want to override the default PlotterFactory implementation similar to how it is done in the JFreeChart backend used in the monitoring application.  This would require installing a custom AnalysisFactory that knows about the new factory.
--Jeremy

-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Omar Moreno
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2014 2:02 PM
To: McCormick, Jeremy I.
Cc: hps-software
Subject: Re: AIDAFrame

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 1:58 PM, McCormick, Jeremy I. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

	Hi,

	I was looking at fixing this today:

	https://jira.slac.stanford.edu/browse/HPSJAVA-48

	"Remove usage of AIDAFrame"

	Unfortunately, due to copy-and-paste style coding this class is now being used all over the place now, in approximately 20 or so Drivers.

	The problem with AIDAFrame is that it interferes with the "normal" usage of AIDA and also, more seriously, the embedding of plots in the monitoring app.

	So I need everyone to remove it from their code, which includes Drivers written by Omar, Pelle, Sho, and Andrea.

	In about a week, I'll start doing it myself for the remaining Drivers, so that I can fix this bug and close out the item.  It will probably break your code if I do it, so you probably want to do it yourself.

	If we decide that we need AIDA plots to be organized better as they are shown interactively, there is a way to do it by overriding certain classes in the AIDA backend.

​Can you provide an example showing how to do this?

	 Personally, I find it sufficient to run a job in batch mode and then look at the plots in JAS3.

	You can also just run your code within JAS3 if you really want a full hierarchical view of the in-memory AIDA objects as they are created and filled.

	Thanks.

	--Jeremy