Hello Jeremy,

I found the error why it wasn't working on my mac: in /etc/hosts I only had
127.0.0.1  localhost

It worked after I added:

127.0.0.1 Koala

where "Koala" is the name of my machine. This despite the request for an et server on "localhost". It seems that Java looks up the host name and somewhere in it's "net" component uses that.

I still get the problem that the events are passed to the monitoring app, but they then cannot be read by it, giving me these errors or all 3 different machine, trying with 2 different test run data files.

Best,
Maurik

ERROR reread magic # (0) & still not right
java.io.IOException: Failed reading first block header/dictionary
at org.jlab.coda.jevio.EvioReader.<init>(EvioReader.java:335)
at org.jlab.coda.jevio.EvioReader.<init>(EvioReader.java:306)
at org.hps.monitoring.DefaultEtEventProcessor.createEvioEvent(DefaultEtEventProcessor.java:379)
at org.hps.monitoring.DefaultEtEventProcessor.processEtEvent(DefaultEtEventProcessor.java:298)
at org.hps.monitoring.DefaultEtEventProcessor.processEtEvents(DefaultEtEventProcessor.java:248)
at org.hps.monitoring.DefaultEtEventProcessor.process(DefaultEtEventProcessor.java:411)
at org.hps.monitoring.MonitoringApplication$5.run(MonitoringApplication.java:1383)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)