Dear Colleagues,
 Please take note of the following announcement.
Sincerely,
Norman Graf

Dear Colleagues,

The P5 report will enter the public domain at the HEPAP meeting May 22 – 23, 2014.  We invite the community to read and carefully consider the report.

We are organizing, under the aegis of the DPF, the FNAL UEC, SLUO and the US LUA a “Community Presentation of the P5 Report” by Steve Ritz, Chair of the P5, on June 2, 2014, at 12:30 PM EDT, in which Steve will present and discuss the P5 results. The presentation will last for up to 90 minutes using freeconferencecallhd (the same system that was used for the DPF P5 virtual town hall meetings – more details will be posted on the public P5 site, http://interactions.org/p5).  As with the P5 virtual Town Halls community members have the option to connect individually or gather to listen collectively.  It is not practical to have interactive Q&A in this venue; instead, to help Steve’s presentation be as responsive as possible to the community after we have all read the report, there will be a website for anyone to submit specific items to be addressed in the presentation in advance.  The url is:http://dpfnewsletter.org and the ability to upload comments will be enabled after the report has been approved by HEPAP. There will be continuing opportunities to discuss the report more interactively at a variety of meetings.  A list of those future venues will be maintained on the P5 website.  There may be opportunities for Q&A with P5 members at some of the locations where people will be gathering on June 2.  Those will be listed on the P5 site, as well.

We have formed an organizing committee to coordinate many community activities in addition to this community presentation. The organizing committee is composed of members of the DPF Executive Committee, representatives of the FNAL UEC, SLUO, and the US LHC Users Association and other experienced members of the HEP community.  The activities the committee is organizing include a letter in support of the P5 Report, “Contact Congress” letters, congressional visits, briefings, and a press and social media campaign. More details about the “Community Presentation of the P5 report” scheduled for June 2 and subsequent activities/events will be made available soon.

Please mark your calendars and stay tuned!

Best regards,
Ian Shipsey, Nick Hadley, Jonathan Rosner (DPF Chairline)
B. Lee Roberts, Chair, FNAL UEC
Nicola Omodei, Chair, SLUO
Harvey B. Newman, Chair, USLUA
Pushpa Bhat, co-chair (HEP Community P5 Rollout Organizing Committee)