Jacek,

> That sort of things can be dangerous, we need to find a way to prevent
> it from happening.

	Common eups usage is to have one stack per machine with multiple
versions of each package in the stack.  Having multiple completely
separate stacks is unusual and not usually recommended.  If you do work
with separate stacks, you need to do so from separate shells.

> Also, I noticed that I can't work with both at the same time, I am
> getting some sort of global lock collision.

	Aside from needing to work in separate shells, eups also keeps
some state in your ~/.eups directory, which may cause problems when
working with multiple stacks.

--
Kian-Tat Lim, LSST Data Management, [log in to unmask]