Fabrice et al.,
	Here's the summary of the results of the hacking effort these last few
days. To summarize:

   * we managed to get qserv built with lsst-build (soon to be replaced
     by bt)
   * we managed to create a distribution server on lsst-dev
   * we managed to get it to build with python 2.6 and 2.7
   * everything is now ready to do regular builds and updates to the
     distribution server

Outstanding issues:

   * I couldn't get virtualenv_python to work -- when I use it, it
     doesn't see numpy. I may be doing something wrong, so Fabrice
     please do take a look.
   * Antlr should probably be packaged with EUPS as well, for those who
     don't have it
   * We should eventually merge the "install with Python 2.6"
     functionality with the main newinstall script, or just deprecate
     python 2.6
   * We still don't build qserv into the official sw.lsstcorp.org
     distribution server; I'd prefer to do that once I finish the
     switch from lsst-build to bt and solve some bugs there (e.g.
     with how build IDs are assigned, etc).

What's next:

   * Fabrice, you should try to set up the lsstsw build build
     environment on your account on lsst-dev. log into lsst-dev, and
     then follow the following instructions:

=========
###### Setting up the rebuild tools (you do this just once):

git clone [log in to unmask]:LSST/DMS/devenv/lsstsw.git
cd lsstsw
./bin/deploy

# do the steps that deploy tells you to do
.... ....

# edit etc/settings.cfg.sh as follows:
edit:
	export EUPSPKG_SOURCE=git
edit:
	EUPS_PKGROOT=$HOME/public_html/qserv
append to the end of REPOSITORY_PATTERN:
	git://git.lsstcorp.org/contrib/eupspkg/%(product)s.git
remove from the front of REPOSITORY_PATTERN:
	$SBASE/sim/%(product)s.git

# make sure boost is available
rebuild boost
=========

Then, any time you want to rebuild it, do:

=========
###### Rebuilding on lsst-dev:

... chdir into your lsstsw directory ...

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LSSTSW/anaconda/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
setup boost 1.55.0.1+1

rebuild qserv virtualenv_python
publish -b XXXXXX -t current qserv virtualenv_python

(where XXXXXX is the build number, e.g., b53, that the previous rebuild
command will output).
=========

If you do "chgrp -R lsst" on your lsstsw directory, and on your
distserver directory, then anyone in the group should be able to trigger
the rebuild, and publish it (note: I haven't tried it but it should work).

Once you've done the first build and publish, anyone will be able to
install the stack. Here's an example for that:

=========
###### Installing with Python 2.7 (I'd recommend this)

	wget http://sw.lsstcorp.org/eupspkg/newinstall.sh
	bash newinstall.sh

	source loadLSST.sh

	eups distrib install boost
	setup boost

	# install qserv
	eups distrib install qserv -r \
	  http://lsst-web.ncsa.illinois.edu/~mjuric/qserv
=========

=========
###### Installing with system Python 2.6

	wget http://lsst-web.ncsa.illinois.edu/~mjuric/ni/newinstall-python26.sh
	bash newinstall-python26.sh

	source loadLSST.sh

	# install qserv
	eups distrib install qserv -r \
	  http://lsst-web.ncsa.illinois.edu/~mjuric/qserv
=========

For virtualenv, you could try running with it by doing:

=========
	eups distrib install virtualenv_python -r \
	   http://lsst-web.ncsa.illinois.edu/~mjuric/qserv
	setup virtualenv_python
=========

before you do "eups distrib install qserv ....", but I think we need to
understand why doesn't it see numpy on my system.

Hope this helps,
--
Mario Juric,
Data Mgmt. Project Scientist, Large Synoptic Survey Telescope