Hi Fabrice,

Oh, I didn't know that it was read to generate values for the other daemons.

I would like to push for not generating any config files for qserv
services during setup or installation. Instead, we create a template
qserv.conf.in, that is human-editable. When trying to start any service
(czar, worker, proxy, mysql?, etc.), the startup script reads that
qserv.conf.in and generates the configuration for that particular
service, logs it in the appropriate file, and starts it. If we do this,
the services should almost always be consistently configured (or will
be, after a process kill/restart).

For example, the startup script for the czar reads the main
qserv.conf.in, generates the right config file, and starts the czar
process. Each time you start/restart xrootd and cmsd you generate lsp.cf
from qserv.conf.in.

Brickbats welcome.
-Daniel