Dear All,

I know many of you don't have time to read long emails,
so I'll get to the point right away:

1) Our group is hiring, and it is essential we find the
    best candidates; the better people we find the more
    resources and expertise we will have to devote to XLDB.
    So... if you care about XLDB, please help us find the
    right candidates. We're looking for people who'd like
    to work on cutting-edge, ~100 petabytes data management
    system for state-of-the-art science. Job description
    can be found at: http://ls.st/0bv

2) In addition, we would like to further expand our SLAC
    team and bring a part-time person dedicated to helping us
    with XLDB-related activities, and we already identified
    a promising candidate. Long-term, we're hoping to support
    this position using funds from sponsors supporting our
    future conferences and related activities. That means we
    need to find enough sponsors (or a few generous-enough
    sponsors) willing to provide sufficient funds to make
    this all work. In practice, if we manage to raise
    ~$100K annually, this should work!

We've been quiet lately, but as you can see, we are getting
ready to (a) construct the LSST database, and (b) organize
the next XLDB event (in spring of 2015). We had a VERY
successful XLDB-Healthcare workshop few weeks ago, and are
excited to connect with the South America community in Rio
as soon as next week!

As always, let me know if you have any questions.

Please forward this email to whoever might be interested.

Best regards,
Jacek