The way I see this happen is:
a) end time is calculated;
b) thread is switched out for longer than the duration of wait;
c) wait is called and it returns immediately as the time is already in the past.

So, I'd exit also in the case of EINVAL (as we control condvar and mutex so we know all else is good) as if ETIMEDOUT was returned. Other than that, you can keep the loop for EINTR.

Or, change the while condition so that only EINTR stays in it.