That would imply that we (maybe) should through an exception on any error but ETIMEDOUT and ignore EINTR Note that in regular Wait() we simply return the error (i.e. no exceptions). So, I am now a bit leery of throwing one as it would make Wait() and WaitMS() behave differently, sigh.On the other hand, I really don't want to wade through all the code looking for improperly coded WaitMS() loops either.