OK, but I have a real problem. Using Linux rhel6-64d 2.6.32 and the following trivial program and changing the library code as stated (or via gdb) it always returns the expected ETIMEDOUT. So, something else is going on like the object being deleted. Hence, we can only fix the incorrect loop but treat EINVAL as an error. That said, could you provide a core file when the thing gets into a loop?

main(int argc, char **argv)
{
XrdSysCondVar myVar;
int rc = myVar.WaitMS(1);