Matt and I fixed the display of HPS Tracks in Wired today.

https://jira.slac.stanford.edu/browse/HPSJAVA-6

The TrackReconDriver was changed to set a specific type on the Track objects which indicates a Y field.

This value is accessible from the getType() method of the standard LCIO Track API.  Basically, the default Z field tracks have type of 0 and Y field tracks are assigned 1.

Then, in the Wired converter within the lcsim plugin to JAS3, a special HelixSwimmer sub-class is activated when this type is encountered.

I have verified that the Tracks look fine in Wired now when looking at data generated by this updated recon driver.

In order to see this fix, you would need to run the current version of the recon.  It won't work for old files, unless this new non-zero type is somehow assigned to the tracks.
(Possible in several ways but probably easiest just to rerun the recon.)

Let me know if you have any questions about this...

--Jeremy