Andy,

> Concerning point 3 - I'm not sure that we need branches published on
> distserver, it feels like an extra step that you should do before we can
> review tickets. Also it [loses] git history

	Why?  buildbot can build from any branch (or combination
thereof).  I don't see any impact on git at all.  Or do you mean that
installing the code from the distribution server, even if it does
install the source somewhere, doesn't come with the git history?  That I
agree with.

> one would still have to clone
> that branch into separate location to be able to review the changes.

	I would expect most reviewers would already have a clone, or
they could use a tool like cgit or Stash to look at the code without
their own local clone.

--
Kian-Tat Lim, LSST Data Management, [log in to unmask]