K-T,

>> What else do I need to do to have my branch of qserv select the new
>> xrootd version? I think I need to update the version in
>> ups/qserv.table , but none of the existing dependencies require a
>> version, so I'm not sure how to do this. Is there anything else I
>> need to do?
> 	You do not need to modify ups/qserv.table, but you do need to
> have the appropriate version setup when you setup your qserv (either an
> installed version or a "setup -r" version).  There are several ways to
> do this.  One way is to declare the version you want to use most
> commonly "current" in your stack.  That will make it the version that is
> automatically setup when no other version is specified.  Another way is
> to tag the version you want to use and use the "-t" option to setup.
I'm glad I'll be able to test this way.

Is there a way to require a particular version though? Let's say that,
months later, I want to test a qserv release that needs the new xrootd.
So I can eups distrib install qserv <some version> and have it pull the
newer xrootd and have things work? And then, eups distrib install qserv
<some older version> and have it automatically pull an older xrootd? And
then switch back and forth?

Thanks,
-Daniel