Hello Andy and Jacek,

Atlassian server is down, that's why i answer to your comment on DM-742
using qserv-l list.

Here is some information on DM-742 that might help us to better converge :

1. Initial geometry.py install procedure was using wget. That's why I
include DM-712 <https://jira.lsstcorp.org/browse/DM-712> (wget/curl
comment) in DM-742.
This allowed me to avoid replacing wget with curl for geom. Instead I
switched directly to eups.

2. Previous geom package was relying on boost, that's why I met and
opened DM-751 while working on DM-742.
Please note that a workaround to solve temporarily DM-751 is to
uninstall system boost libraries.
In order to detect this problem I had to add some debugging messages
related to boost (and mysql ?), which are contained
in DM-712. The only updates in DM-742 related to boost and MySQL are
debug messages which doesn't impact the build scripts and only are
printed using "scons --verbose".

I propose to add previous comments in DM-712 description.

3. In order to install DM-742 version please run :

eups distrib install qserv u.fjammes.DM-742-g71d79c6ef7+3 -r
http://lsst-web.ncsa.illinois.edu/~fjammes/qserv

I think we could define a procedure to publish and install ticket branch
from distserver. This would allow easier reviewing ?

4. Please note that geom package has also been simplified w.r.t. Paul
Price informations. Please review branch u.fjammes.DM-74 in geom package.
Dependencies to "utils" has been removed (utils was bringing several
eups packages whose boost. This is how DM-751 bug was discovered)

Have a nice day,

Fabrice