Kian-Tat Lim wrote on 2014-06-05:
>> Concerning auto-install for dependencies it's of course very nice
>> feature when you do 'eups distrib install'. I only wish we could auto-
>> install dependencies when we do setup for the local clone. Maybe we should
>> ask for this new feature to be added to eups (if it's not there already).
>
> 	It's not.  I think it would be a bad idea for "setup" to ever
> install anything, especially not from a local source clone, which has no
> information about required versions of dependencies.

I did not mean that "setup" should do it but rather that we have a
separate command which installs all needed depenedencies, like
'eups distrib install --deps-only --table ups/qserv.table'

> 	If you want to make the dependency installation easier, without
> requiring the building of qserv itself, you could create a "qserv-deps"
> pseudopackage with all the dependencies in it.

That does not qualify as easier for me :) It's already easy enough to
run 'eups distrib install' for individual packages if setup complains.
Maintaining separate package for the same reason feels too complicated,
especially if one wants to start playing with different versions of
different packages.

Cheers,
Andy