Dear Colleagues,

I am trying to understand the reconstruction process, but I need some
information from the experts.

1) First of all, a naive question: why do we need the "readout
simulations"? I guess SLIC is capable to do this job much better than we
ever can develop. May I ask what is saved in the SLIC output then?
Energy deposition in various detector pieces only?

2) Do we need a non-zero Run number in MC data, and if so where to set
it? Is the following (a small part of) output of recon program
acceptable, are all parameters defined for run 0 or even -1 (?):
"No input files in XML file.
Got ConditionsEvent with run: 0
Reading calibrations calibSVT/base for run: 0
Use this calibration from run -1: calibSVT/default.base
Reading calibrations calibSVT/tp for run: 0
Use this calibration from run -1: calibSVT/default.tp
File daqmap/svt0.badchannels was not found! Continuing with only QA bad
channels

2) Which is the "officially definitive" detector geometry table for
upcoming experiment? "HPS-Proposal2014-v8"?

3) what exactly does pile-up simulation:
org.hps.users.meeg.FilterMCBunches? What do you mean "insert empty
bunches"? If they are empty why inserting them? What kind of pile-up is
intended here: of particle hits with detector (SVT) noise? of particles
from different bunches?

4) if I run reconstruction directly from SLIC output using
"/org/hps/steering/readout/HPSTrackingDefaults.lcsim" method, I get
something that is missing completely "EcalClusters" (although ECalHits"
are present); there are some "MatchedTracks", but with zero momentum
components while D0, phi, omega, TanLambda and Chi2 are not zero.
By the way I still missing the description of D0, phi, omega, TanLambda?
Could you point out where these are described?

5) why the StdHep files linked at confluence page are generated at
vertex (0,0,0.1)?

6) How can I change the Track reconstruction parameters: in particular
the minimal number of Layers required (are there other parameters)?

Best Regards,
              Mikhail.