Holly,

 Not having access to your detector model or input particle spectrum I simply generated single muons into the ECal from the target. I have attached a spectrum of deposited energy sorted by particle type. There were contributions from a few other oddball pdg IDs, but I have plotted only the energy loss from the primary muon and the secondary electrons and photons. I believe it qualitatively reproduces your original plot.

 To store information from each Geant4 step and investigate further using your detector and your events, please

create a Geant4 macro (e.g. settings.mac) with the following line:

/lcio/PDGFlag true

Then run slic with your usual arguments but appending  " -m settings.mac " .

The additional information should now be available in your lcio file.

This is a very verbose setting, so I suggest you use this only for your muon sample. Electrons will very quickly

produce enormous output files.

Norman