On Sep 6, 2014, at 10:17 AM, Maurik Holtrop <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hello Pelle,
>
> I just rebuild a fresh install of SLIC from scratch, using the Qt libraries.
>
> The startup time seems to depend hugely on the geometry that you load. I seem to recall this has to do with loading the GDML and some of the verifications that go on when you load it. If you load the geometry: HPS-Proposal2014-v8-6pt6, which appears to not have all the flanges for the ECAL, then the startup time into interactive SLIC is about 20 seconds.
> On the other hand, the geometry: HPS-Proposal2014-v7-2pt2, takes forever to load.

Ok. At this time I’m only working on the tracking geometry so I don’t have any of that in my geometry.

Also, Jeremy fired my geometry into interactive in basically no time on a linux machine so I think there is still something strange going on. Do you know that you get the same ~20s on e.g. a linux machine? I will try to make sure that is the case anyway.

/Pelle