OMB, ALCC etc...we hope for positive news soon!

Best regards,

Andy

On 9/9/2014 3:36 PM, William E Cooper wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">

I’m not sure this has been discussed yet at Fermilab.  I would be interested in becoming a member of the consortium.

Best regards,

Bill Cooper

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Andy White
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2014 10:55 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: Marcel Stanitzki; Philip Burrows; Andy White
Subject: [SID-ALL] The SiD Consortium - an invitation

Membership in the SiD Consortium

Dear Colleague,

The Silicon Detector (SiD) is a concept for an experiment at the future International Linear Collider (ILC). Over the past decade many institutions and individuals around the world have self-organized to prepare a Letter of Intent (2009) and a Detector Baseline Document (2013) as part of the ILC technical design report. So far this highly successful effort has been on an informal basis. As the ILC in Japan now progresses towards reality, SiD is taking the next step along the path to forming an eventual collaboration. We are setting up a “SiD Detector Consortium”, which is designed to be a framework for organizing the further detector and physics studies needed to realize the SiD Technical Design Report.

The SiD Consortium is open and receptive to new ideas to improve the detector design and enhance its physics capabilities. We welcome the interest and engagement of new interested individuals and institutes, as well as those who have already been involved in and contributed to SiD, in this next exciting phase.

We would like to invite you to consider joining, individually or as a group, the SiD Detector Consortium. Members of the SiD Detector Consortium will have representation on the Institute Board and will help shape SiD's future towards a full collaboration.   Membership in the consortium in not exclusive to other ILC activities and does not involve singing Memoranda of Understanding. We would be grateful if you could let us have short statement of your proposed activities, and, where applicable, a list of potential collaborators at your institute. Please send to [log in to unmask].

We propose to have the inaugural meeting of the SiD Consortium Institute Board by phone conference on:

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 22nd

08.00 California time

10.00 Chicago time

11.00 New York time

16.00 UK time

17.00 Continental Europe (CERN/DESY) time

00.00 Tokyo time

Each institute that has requested membership of the SiD Consortium is invited to have one representative participate in the meeting. Details of the phone connection will be sent to each designated representative.

DRAFT AGENDA

1.Welcome and introduction

2.Brief introduction from each institute

3.Discussion of draft SiD Consortium byelaws and procedures

4.Election of the IB Chair

5.AoB

Your participation and contributions to the development of SiD will be most welcome and we look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Marcel Stanitzki (DESY) and Andy White (UTA) -  SiD Spokespersons

Philip Burrows (Oxford) – Interim Chair of the SiD Institute Board

Use REPLY-ALL to reply to list

To unsubscribe from the SID-ALL list, click the following link:
https://listserv.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SID-ALL&A=1