Dear Sho,

please consider also that the local scratch disks are of a finite size
and a typical cluster node runs from 16 to 32 jobs at once. So in my
example this would require from 370 to 740 Gb of local disk space.

As far as background simulations are concerned, probably it could be an
issue, but how many bunches before and after the event bunch can overlap
within the readout? Do we really need to simulate entire detector run
time or one-two bunches around the trigger only?

In fact, I was asking time ago what exactly this "pile-up" does, but I
haven't got sufficient information. Is there some document or
presentation describing this step in details?

Best Regards,
              Mikhail.