I've nailed up the error to this driver:

<driver name="SimpleSVTReadout" type="org.hps.readout.svt.SimpleSvtReadout">

If I comment it in the steering, it runs.

I've already used the input data I'm using now, but I just focused on ECal simulations, so I've never encountered this error before.
For the record:

[Luca@penelope SLIC]$ /home/Luca/Scrivania/SLIC/v03-01-04/slic/v03-01-04/build/bin/slic --v
Wed Oct  8 11:51:51 2014 :: OKAY :: SlicApplication :: SLIC is starting.
Simulation for the Linear Collider 3.1.4
Geant4 9.6.1

i've generated the data using the geometry contained in the "detector-data" folder within the hps-trunk

HPS is updated, I tryed this morning a brand new installation and It gave just the same error when including that driver.

You'll find the steering in the attachment.

best regards

L.