Dear all,
We figured out that here at JLab the DAQ system uses the ET system,
version 12.0, while the monitoring app uses the version 14.1. They are
incompatible.

However, we were able to modify the hps-java software to use version
12.0, and they're compatible. We did a "trick" to force the use of
version 12.0, that is not present (yet) in the remote repository from
which hps-java downloads the dependencies. We already told Jeremy to add
12.0 in the repository.

Then, We modified org.hps.record.et.EtConnection.java, since there are
small differences in between the two versions. We will not commit the
modification to svn until Jeremy told me the software is properly
configured to download it and use it (basically, one needs to change the
pom file in record-util to use version 12.0, and load the 12.0 jar file
in the remote repository, i.e. :
http://srs.slac.stanford.edu/nexus/content/groups/lcsim-maven2-public/org/jlab/coda/et).

In conclusion, with these modifications, we were able to run the daq
system, and to attach to it the monitoring app. So far, we don't have
any event to display, but, at least, the system seems to work..

Bests

Andrea e Marzio