Norman and I made a release yesterday of HPS Java 3.0.3, which was a bit rocky.  The Jenkins build took forever and had some “issues” which I’m looking into today in detail.  But it did eventually complete successfully.

The corresponding lcsim release was 3.0.5 and that went more smoothly.

The HPS Java release notes are here.  (Note lots of changes and bug fixes in this version!)

https://confluence.slac.stanford.edu/display/hpsg/Release+Notes+-+HPS+Java+-+Version+3.0.3

You can find the released artifacts in Nexus with this search.

http://srs.slac.stanford.edu/nexus/index.html#nexus-search;quick~hps-distribution

The jar files for the release are under the row with the “3.0.3” version.

Finally, the actual files were deployed here.

http://www.lcsim.org/maven/releases/org/hps/hps-distribution/3.0.3/

The next development snapshots are HPS Java 3.0.4-SNAPSHOT and lcsim 3.0.6-SNAPSHOT which is the current configuration being used in the SVN trunk.

In JIRA, new items should be assigned the Fix Version of “3.0.4” and the Affects Version of “3.0.4-SNAPSHOT”.  The prior release and snapshot versions were closed out and should not be used any longer.  Unresolved items had their Fix Version rolled forward to “3.0.4” from “3.0.3”.

Note that this 3.0.3 release of HPS Java was not a very good one, and it is not appropriate for production.  I had to (temporarily) revert to a previous version of jminuit in order to make the release.  The older version of jminuit emits (seemingly) millions of debug prints when doing fitting in our reconstruction.

We are planning on making a better release (3.0.4) early next week, including an updated jminuit version which suppresses these printouts.  Hopefully, I will have the Jenkins issues sorted out by then too.  This will likely be the last release before the “conditions apocalypse” on the trunk.  Please plan accordingly.

Send any comments/feedback on any of this to the software list please.

Thanks!

—Jeremy